Poppies in glass vase - wip


Poppies again. These oriental poppies are one of my favorite flowers. I love their strong orange-red colors, shining surface and violetblack midth.  They just glow in the garden.

I paint these on 50x50 cm watercolor canvas. It's quite different than painting on paper - things you can do and things you cannot. One advantage is you can better correct mistakes (if taken in time).

You can see glimpses of my sketches for the painting at upper left corner. Right now I am in one of those moments of doubt with the painting ... I am not aiming for a white background all over, so something has to happen with that... feel my sketch was a bit easier to manage than this !

I intend to paint an abstracted/expressionist painting, where I can put things in different perspectives and play with the composition.

Working title: Poppies and glass vase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name in comments, thanks